If you own an android smart phone then you are definitely using Whatsapp messenger. Whatsapp is a free messaging app for android with which you can send text messages and media files like images, audio files and video files;
- Download and install the latest version of Whatsapp for android here.
- Now after installing the app, open it. When you open it you will see a welcome screen. Click the ‘Agree and continue’ button.
- When you click this button a note will open stating that “tablets are currently not supported.”. Click OK to begin the setup.
- On the next screen you need to enter your phone number and choose the right country where you lives in.
- Enter the phone number which you use often. Do not enter your friend’s phone number.
- After entering the phone number click OK.
- When you click OK a popup will open asking you to verify your phone number. Click OK again
- Whatsapp will automatically try to send a sms to the number specified by you. But after few minutes the sms verification will fail.
- Now you will have to verify your number via voice call. Click the ‘Call me’ button to receive a voice call on that number. Hear the 6 digit verification code carefully. Enter this code in Whatsapp to verify your phone number.